Saturday, June 15, 2013

SUMMER READING SATURDAY: FUNNY SMUT EDITION

This week's summer reading is dedicated to funny smut. Courtney and I both appreciate a good laugh and when there's smut involved...well even better. HAHA! Here are some great books to accompany on any summer vacation you may have this summer. (Click the cover for the book's goodreads page!)



There are just so many things to love about this story. Between the wallbanging that initially ticks off Caroline to the time she meets the person banging her walls there are some great scenes with her girlfriends, her boss, her cat, and her cooking. And our two leads, Caroline and Simon, each have a wonderful sense of humor--some of the dialogue and internal monologues are hysterical.  Finally, there's also the great chemistry between Caroline and Simon---so, so steamy.

This one had me, okay, I admit it..giggling out loud. Freaked my hubs right out, with the weird looks he was giving me.....but hey, he got used to it eventually. One of my favorite reads of 2012 this one! 


I could easily make this entire post about the Rock Chicks series but I won't (although they'd probably all fit in this blog post). All of the books in this series feature wildly independent women, strong alpha males, and trouble. Mix all of that together and you have 7 books filled with laughter and sex and fun times. You absolutely cannot go wrong with any of the books in this series.

Yes, our KA obsession has not waned in any way, shape, or form. Shee-it, as Tex does say so often, this is one of my favorite series of all time now, and I could not be more happy about it. While there is a lot of funny, and serious and bossy, there is just some down right funny times. Just absolutely incredible 


Courtney, I've not read any of the books in this series...fill me in on the funny smut here.

Okay, I read this last fall and it might even just beat Wallbanger in how funny it is. I might think this because it was my first experience with absolutely laughing out loud hardcore, and so hard that I was crying and couldn't even keep my eyes open to see the next word and my husband again gave me funny looks but included to tell his x-box live mates that I was "reading perverted books again" when they asked why I was laughing so hard, I do have to say it is a winner! With a first line including that she never wanted to have children and the explanation to follow including being in the 7th circle of hell, I was hooked. Then you find out she has a kid from a frat party one night stand, and Claire and her best friend own a bakery/sex toy business, you cannot tell me that you aren't intrigued even a little bit. 



McKenna is just adorable and her trophy husband dates are just one funny catastrophe after another...until she gives in and allows herself to give in to her feelings for Chris. They have some hot scenes and in between their hotness they are entertaining with their funny texts and not-dates, dates. A quick, good summer read!

Trophy Husband was a breathe of fresh air for us last month I think. Too fun, with a great guy and an even greater group of friends, this one is a keeper.


Ahhhh Drew and Kate. He's so funny in his arrogance and truth about how men view women. He's in hot pursuit of the one woman he should not and, really, cannot have. Of course that doesn't stop him so he tries his damnedest to woo her. Meanwhile, Kate either barely humors him or shuts him down. I love that this entire novel is from his point of view and even though sometimes I kinda wanted to throttle him for his arrogance I actually found him to be funny and insightful.

I love Drew so dang much. While his views were a wee bit flawed, he was still hysterically funny and probably too damn right about a lot of his ideas...except those crazy ones where he is the love 'em and leave 'em guy...hate that part..but the rest was pure perfection. 


Courtney, here's another one I'm unfamiliar with...tell me more. 

Okay, so this one was recommended by my cousin Andrea when I was in desperate need of something funny. And holy crap did it deliver. The series is called The Cougar Chronicles, need I say more? Okay, I will anyways, lol! 35 year old Alli has been dumped by her long time love, husband, and father of her 15 year old daughter. Her best friend is way out there wild, and awesome, and helped her get her groove back by setting her up to meet with a gigolo at a sex club. Shade is hot, and young....ergo, cougar chronicles. Hilarity ensues when Shade's everyday alter-ego just happens to be her daughter's swim coach and her BFF talks her into a brazilian. So. Damn. Funny! & hawt. Check it out, Shel, please! 

Post a Comment

Comments are bloggy food.

Feed our blog...

© Must Read Books or Die. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.