Monday, September 9, 2013

MUSIC MONDAY (10): In This Moment & Regina Spektor



Music Monday is a weekly feature we love to read by Jessica @ Lovin' Los Libros and since I have music playing at all times of the day, no matter what is going on (even to read) I talked Shel into spreading our music love with you! 

Court's pick this week: In This Moment
So I first heard In This Moment at the beginning of this year (and sadly they were in my town in May and I didn't get to go...dang sister graduating college and all that ;)..lol) but I kinda fell in love with Maria Brink. I am a huge rock fan, but there really isn't that many women in a lot of the bands..let alone lead vocalist. She is also awesome because she is 36 and a mom..and seems pretty bad ass...and different. Might be a little different for some, but I hope you'll find at least one song that you like. Beast Within, Whore, and Adrenalize are some of my favs! 

Shelley's Pick is...Regina Spektor's Begin to Hope

One of my sweet students introduced me to Regina Spektor a few years ago and I love her sweet voice with her sharp lyrics. The romance of her voice is deceptive and so sometimes when you listen to the words the undercurrent is a little surprising. I admit I have to be in the mood to listen to her or every song runs into the next...but I think she's definitely worth a listen if you've never heard her before!

Post a Comment

Comments are bloggy food.

Feed our blog...

© Must Read Books or Die. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.