Monday, September 2, 2013

MUSIC MONDAY (9): Taylor Swift & Justin Timberlake


Music Monday is a weekly feature we love to read by Jessica @ Lovin' Los Libros and since I have music playing at all times of the day, no matter what is going on (even to read) I talked Shel into spreading our music love with you! 

Courtney's pick this week: 
Taylor Swift's Fearless Album

So Taylor gets a bad wrap, like 99% of the time. But I still love her. I love every song, and while sure  a lot of them are about breaking up or being heartbroken at 2 a.m. there are just as many about a girl's relationship with her mom, her best friends, and being in love. So I love Taylor and I love this album a lot. Listen to Fearless. I want to be fearless, in everything I do. 

And as my own little public service announcement after the atrocity that was the VMA's last week...this is a role model for young girls. She embraces it and sure...she dates a lot of people, but doesn't twerk...and for that I am thankful! (Why is twerking a thing? Somebody please make it go away.) 

Shelley's pick this week: 
Justin Timberlake's Future Sex/Love Sounds

My little sister introduced me to JT as a solo artist and since she is 9 years younger than me I was fairly convinced that I absolutely could not like him. I was certain that my coolness factor would go down by at least 100 if I even tried to listen to him. Then I saw his concert on HBO. Then I sort of crushed on him...like a lot. Now, I fully embrace my love of JT--even if radio stations overplay his new releases by a thousand. He totally rocked the VMA's and I am now on a mission to see him live. 


Post a Comment

Comments are bloggy food.

Feed our blog...

© Must Read Books or Die. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.