Sunday, February 16, 2014

REVIEW: WORTH THE FIGHT BY VI KEELAND

It didn’t matter that the ref called it a clean hit. Nico Hunter would never be the same. 

Elle has a good life. A job she loves, a great apartment, and the guy she’s been dating for more than two years is a catch and a half. But it’s boring…and she strives to keep it that way. Too many emotions are dangerous. Her own past is living proof of what can happen when you lose control.

Then Nico walks into Elle’s office and everything changes…for both of them. But what can the tattooed, hard-bodied MMA fighter and the beautiful and always steady attorney have in common? A lot more than they bargained for.

***Author's note*** THIS IS A STAND-ALONE NOVEL. Due to strong language and sexual content, this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18.


Kindle Edition378 pages
Published October 2nd 2013 (first published September 30th 2013)
Source: Purchased


OUR REVIEW:

Admittedly I am very late to the bandwagon with this read. I've seen a TON of good things which is why I signed us up to tour Worth the Chance (review coming TOMORROW). I finally got around to reading Worth the Fight and let me tell you Nico is swoon city. I LOVE that guy! OMG. Right. We've had this book forever....why did we wait so long! 

First lemme say that I adore Elle. She's strong and honest and she is the perfect fit for Nico. She knows what she wants and she has no desire to play games. She's nurturing and kind and smart and just a great female character. Her only weakness is not her fault and if I had her background I'd be way more screwed up than she is. I love that she's a great friend and partner to Nico and that she fits in so well with the him..and that HE fits in so well with her.

I really enjoyed the heck out of Elle too. She was a perfect blend of everything we look for in our heroines...she is sexy without being high maintenance, she is independent without being hard, she is strong without being bitchy...from the first page of meeting her I truly had a sigh of relief. She has a lot of issues out there that makes her play it safe! BUT this journey of her finding herself and spread her wings is really refreshing. 

Nico. I'm not sure why..because this is equally their story..but Nico's story stuck with me the most. He is this badass fighter in the ring and the biggest teddy bear outside of it--or at least with his family and Elle. Yeah, he can get a little alpha male sometimes but he's really just a sweetheart. He's kind and generous and also not one to play games. He's weighed down by some stuff but he's otherwise the most perfect gentleman outside of his troubled heart. I loved his interactions with his family, with Preach, and with Vinny. But mostly, I loved how wonderful he was with Elle...even in his shittiest moments he was aware of her and so very much wanted to be with her. 

I LOVE NICO! LOVE, love, love him. I think sweetheart is the best way to describe him, but it definitely isn't a description that makes him boring. He is 100% the opposite. He feels things so hard that it sometimes gets the best of him, but he has a beautiful heart and....uhhhmmmm just wanna squeeze him and hug him and love him. Obviously we can't say too much because it is so much better for you to read it and enjoy it...but just know that we reaaaallllly love this book! 

I am like an excited school girl ...I cannot wait to read the next book in this series! A very solid book!!! Such happy feelings in my heart. Butterflies for Nico.

Shelley: 4 1/2 Stars
Courtney: 5 Stars


About this author

Vi Keeland is a native New Yorker with three children that occupy most of her free time, which she complains about often, but wouldn't change for the world. She is a bookworm and has been known to read her kindle at stop lights, while styling her hair, cleaning, walking, during sporting events, and frequently while pretending to work. She is a boring attorney by day, and an exciting New York Times & USA Today Best Selling smut author by night! 


BUY IT HERE:  Amazon | B&N

Post a Comment

Comments are bloggy food.

Feed our blog...

© Must Read Books or Die. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.